About the opportunity
Our client has a lovely GP practice in a large rural town servicing a thriving community. They seek an experienced General Practitioner - Obstetrician to join their friendly, passionate team consisting of 6 other General Practitioners and fantastic allied health and nursing staff. This is a mixed billing practice, serving a broad demographic including retirees and young families.
As a GP Obstetrician will be part of a network of GPOs supporting the well-equipped local hospital. You will have the option to bill as a VMO as well as managing a patient caseload within the Clinic
Duties & responsibilities
- Usual Clinic caseload includes 4 patients an hour and one antenatal session a week consisting of 8 to 10 patients
- The local hospital delivers approximately 300 babies per year
- Clinic hours are Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.30, Saturdays 08.30 to 12.30 and Public Holidays 09.00 to 12.30. Sundays closed
- On call roster as General Practitioner Obstetrician is shared evenly among the local GPOs and includes one full weekend per month
- On call roster as General Practitioner VMO, if you take the VMO duties too (non-acute and palliative patients), is 3 days every 4 to 5 weeks
About the area
Our client's clinic is based in a stunning rural location, approximately three hours from Melbourne with several great schools, a strong sense of a welcoming and friendly community, and lots of recreational activities, stunning rivers and lakes and national parks to adventure in.
Billings and work arrangements
The pay on offer is 65% of clinic billings and 75% of hospital billings and although the preference is for a full time doctor, the client is open to candidates seeking a part time opportunity.
To qualify, it is essential you are an experienced GP Obstetrician with Specialist AHPRA registration with no conditions.
For further information or for a confidential chat, please contact Dawn on 0423 625 445 or email me at
your application has been submitted