Position: Consultant Paediatrician - Western Australia Regional
Contract: Permanent full time
Salary: Competitive salary packaging 400-600k
Location: Western Australia - Kalgoorlie
Global medics is currently arranging interviews for Paediatric Consultants for the Kalgoorlie Health Campus in Western Australia.
We currently have an opportunity for a Paediatric Consultant who is responsible for specialist clinical care of Paediatric patients. You will collaborate with Paediatric ward Clinical Nurse Specialist and Nursing staff to facilitate patient management. This position suits someone who is able to supervise, mentor and educate trainee medical staff and hospital service medical practitioners who are providing clinical care to Paediatric and neonatal patients. You will also actively participate in the management of the Paediatric Department including equipment choice, staffing proposals and workplace redesign.
Kalgoorlie Health Campus is a 106 bed inpatient facility and one of the largest regional hospitals in WA. Visitors and locals from the Goldfields and surrounding areas now have access to upgraded, modern treatment facilities with all clinical works in the $59.6 million redevelopment of Kalgoorlie Health campus complete. KHC now boasts a new emergency department (ED) and medical imaging unit providing vital health services to more than 56,000 Goldfields residents, including a large number of fly-in-fly-out workers, in modern, well equipped buildings.
The Goldfields region of the WA Country Health Service covers the Goldfields-Esperance Region of Western Australia. The region is in the south east corner of Western Australia and covers 770,488 sq km (including offshore islands). The WA Country Health Service Goldfields consists of two main health campuses located in Kalgoorlie & Esperance, and three smaller hospitals located in Laverton, Leonora and Norseman. The Goldfields is a culturally rich region with a number of Aboriginal communities spread out across the region.
To be eligible for this position you must have:
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
2. Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Paediatrics and Child Health Division) or equivalent.
3. Demonstrated experience in General Paediatric medicine at a senior level.
4. Demonstrated experience in Neonatal resuscitation and neonatology at a senior level.
5. Demonstrated contemporary knowledge of professional issues and trends in Paediatric medicine.
6. Sound understanding of remote area health service provision.
7. Highly developed communication, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
8. Demonstrated commitment to clinical governance within health care.
9. Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services, Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
10. Eligible for or in possession of a current C or C-A class driver's licence.
For more information on the above opportunity or a confidential discussion, please apply today or email Racheal at Racheal.Stokeld @globalmedics.com.au.
your application has been submitted