Position: Specialist Anaesthetist
Contract: Permanent full time
Location: Gippsland, Victoria
Gippsland is a region in south-eastern Australia, extending from Melbourne's eastern suburbs to the New South Wales border, and encompassing beaches, farmland, mountains and lakes. At its southernmost point is Wilsons Promontory National Park, with bushland, wildlife, and beaches. Walhalla, a former gold mining town in west Gippsland, features the restored Walhalla Goldfields Railway and preserved Walhalla Gold Mine.
- * You will be responsible for the provisions of Anaesthetic Services for our client. patients
- * This position you will be involved in the training and supervision of medical and nursing staff as required.
- * The aim of this position is to ensure the delivery of anaesthetic services is consistent with the clinical governance framework and core values of our client.
- * Reporting operationally to the Chief Medical Officer. In addition, they will have a working relationship with the Director of Anaesthetics.
- * Provide anaesthetic services, within credentialed privileges to patients with other Anaesthetists and appropriate staff.
- * Co-operate with the other Anaesthetists to provide on-call services on an equitable basis.
- * Work towards the provision of best practice care to all patients in the context of current professional knowledge and organisational resources.
- * Provide clinical leadership and supervision/teaching for junior medical staff as well as other clinical staff.
- * Ensure appropriate interaction and service integration with other relevant services, especially the Operating Theatre, Obstetric services, Critical Care services, Emergency Department, Medical & Surgical services, Nursing and Allied Health.
- * Participate actively in the service audit, other Quality Assurance and Improvement Activities and clinical meetings.
- * Promote and maintain appropriate standards to meet all required professional requirements and accreditation measures (e.g. PMCV, ANZCA).
- * Promote and encourage compliance with College Maintenance of Professional Standards programs.
To be eligible for this position you must have:
- * Full eligibility to work in Australia
- * Current registration as Medical Practitioner with AHPRA OR eligibility for Provisional AHPRA via the Competent Authority Pathway
- * MBBS or equivalent essential
- * Fellow of ANZCA
For more information on the above opportunity or a confidential discussion, please apply today or contact Racheal on 02 8248 2958 or
your application has been submitted