Did you know you can earn up to $1000 by referring a professional for this position?
This is a full-time or part-time permanent appointment.
This opportunity is for a motivated Consultant Psychiatrist who will be responsible for providing a high standard of medical care to patients.
Purpose of the role
- To be a member of a dynamic health care team that provides quality and culturally appropriate medical services.
- To make a significant contribution to improving the health of the local population.
- To work in a remarkable 'corner' of Australia.
About the role:
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies
- Always provide clinical services to patients subject to scope of clinical practice
- Provide evidence-based and quality clinical care of individual patients in all domains of medical practice
- Manage the administrative requirements of patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence is completed with minimal delay.
- Ensure quality professional communication with individual patients, relatives and guardians
- Make a commitment to patient safety and to improve clinical care
- Participation in clinical audits, clinical meetings, peer review and other safety and quality assurance programs, presentations and projects.
Hold registration as a Medical Practitioner
About the role:
- Provide quality ongoing care for psychiatric patients of the service through comprehensive clinical assessment, and the development of multidisciplinary, recovery focused management plans.
- To ensure that high quality assessment and recovery focused treatment services are provided to the patients of the service through direct or delegated involvement in monitoring client care.
- To supervise the work of registrars and HMO's of the service and be available to them for consultation as necessary.
- To ensure there is adequate documentation on patient care, and in particular, ensure diagnoses are recorded, management plans and discharge plans are completed
- To provide secondary and tertiary consultation and support to other professionals providing services to people with mental illness in the catchment area
- To develop collaborative relationships with other service providers to ensure the best outcomes for people with mental illness
- To develop recovery focused treatment programs, which as far as possible enable community treatment, as opposed to inpatient treatment, of the patients of the service
- To provide support for families and carers of people with mental illness and to ensure that they and clients are well informed about mental illnesses and their treatment.
About the hospital:
- Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) was established as a new entity in September 2020. MBPH is a
- leading healthcare provider in the north west of Victoria, known for its high level of professionalism, quality care and community engagement.
- MBPH provides a range of acute services in emergency, maternity, intensive care, rehabilitation, community services, psychiatric in and out patient care, palliative care, renal dialysis and chemotherapy service to the people of North West Victoria. The hospital also provides medical imaging and pathology services.
- MBPH is proud to be affiliated with Monash and La Trobe Universities for the provision of undergraduate and postgraduate Medical, Nursing and Allied Health education. Affiliations also exist with other universities for clinical placement and training.
- FRANZCP specialist qualifications in Psychiatry (or equivalent) and registration with AHPRA
- High level of clinical skills in psychiatry and demonstrated ability to work within a multidiscipli-nary team in a wide range of settings, including rural settings.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and professional direction.
- Proven ability to plan, develop, deliver and evaluate services and programs to meet the needs of clients and carers.
- High level of commitment to, and competency in, clinical teaching.
About the area:
Mildura is flowing with cultural, heritage, sporting and foodie indulgences all year round. And all centred on the legendary Murray River.
It's one of Australia's biggest regional art hubs and boasts a full calendar of events from the renowned Mildura Summer Music Festival to the Mildura Country Music Festival and the winter Mildura Writers Festival. No culture-vulture is left wanting. And boasting Victoria's busiest regional airport with multiple daily flights direct to Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, Mildura is so accessible.
For more information on this opportunity and for a confidential discussion please apply now
Operating in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the United Kingdom, Global Medics provides career solutions for high-calibre professionals around the globe.
Global Medics support international doctors and assist with:
Sponsored Visas for doctors with eligible AHPRA registration
- Enhanced support if you are relocating
- External advice by Ernest & Young
- Accredited status with the Australian Department of Immigration
- Global Medics can help with enabling priority visa processing
Enquire now: trevor.scott @globalmedics.com.au
your application has been submitted