Consultant - Old Age Psychiatrist (BRID & DRIFF CMHT)
Please ONLY apply if you meet the following criteria or you will NOT be considered for the role:
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Sufficient experience in Psychiatry
- Fully registered with the GMC
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR eligible to be so within six months
- Approved clinician status OR be able to achieve within 3 months of appointment (the Trust will appoint a section12(2) to provide this role in the sector during the transition
- Valid UK driving licence
Description: Full Time Consultant Psychiatrist in Older People's Mental Health - NHS
This is an established, community NHS post based in East Yorkshire.
A full job description and clinic timetable is available upon request.
The service covers Bridlington and Driffield and the postholder will cover the Bridlington and Driffield CMHT Area. The post holder will carry no responsibility for inpatients, however, they will be expected to liaise with the In-patient Consultant for their patients. The post holder will also be expected to undertake urgent assessments when required and provide input to the Crisis Team if/when their own patients access this team. This is a rare occurrence and we would not expect this more than twice a month.
Current case load numbers: 78 patients on caseload within the whole team managed by care coordinators.
Bridlington: 2 clinics p/week
Driffield: 1 Clinic p/week
CQC rating of GOOD - We have been shortlisted for the Health Service Journal Mental Health Provider Trust of the Year in recognition of our continued commitment to the development and enhancement of high-quality patient care delivered in partnership.
You will get:
- Secretarial support - 26.25 hours per week of medical administration for you and the medical team.
- Your own private office, a smart phone & also a personal computer networked with the Trust's IT systems.
- 10 days study leave in a year. Time is also given to complete mandatory training leave
your application has been submitted