Locum Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology Medicine
Job Title: Locum Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology Medicine
Location: Causeway Hospital, Northern Ireland
Contract type: Locum (temporary)
Contract duration: 6-12 months
Pay: Negotiable, based on experience
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 17.00pm and on call, 1:10 weekend and 1:6 midweek
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced locum consultant in diabetes and endocrinology medicine to join our team at Causeway Hospital. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high-quality patient care, including diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing management of diabetes and endocrine disorders.
Key responsibilities include:
* Providing specialist clinical care for patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders
* Leading the multidisciplinary team in the provision of diabetes and endocrine services
* Participating in the development and implementation of diabetes and endocrine protocols and guidelines
* Providing teaching and training to junior medical staff, nurses, and other healthcare professionals
* Contributing to clinical governance and quality improvement initiatives
* Full right to work in the UK (this role doesn't provide sponsorship)
* Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
* CCT in diabetes and endocrinology medicine or equivalent
* Substantial experience in diabetes and endocrinology medicine
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
Why Causeway Hospital?
Causeway Hospital is a modern healthcare facility located in the beautiful coastal town of Coleraine, Northern Ireland. Our hospital provides a wide range of medical and surgical services to the local community and beyond. We have a strong commitment to clinical excellence and offer a supportive and friendly working environment for our staff.
Benefits of working with Global Medics:
- A dedicated Specialist Consultant who understands you and your requirements
- Market leading pay rates
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Free CPD courses and career support
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Appraisal and Revalidation Support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience and suitability for the role. We welcome applications from both UK and non-UK applicants.
your application has been submitted