Specialty Doctor - (Community) Eating Disorders
We are looking for someone like you to join a Community Eating Disorder Psychiatry Service in Somerset. There is flexibility to select a suitable base in one of the following areas:
- The Mendip Area
This post is full time - you'll be supported with working REMOTELY for the majority of the week, unless needed to attend urgent clinical commitments if they arise.
FULL GMC registration is required for this post.
The Eating Disorder Service comprises four eating disorder sub-teams, each strategically and operationally located within the four-sector community mental health services:
- Somerset Coast
- South Somerset
- Taunton and Minehead CMHS
Located between areas of outstanding natural beauty, you'll have the opportunity to live near some of the UKs most desirable locations; from the beautiful local beaches; to the vibrant cosmopolitan centres of Bristol, Bath and Exeter within easy reach. Wide range of local amenities including; extensive range of shopping, wide range of local restaurants, sporting and recreational facilities, excellent educational facilities. Nightlife offers a great atmosphere with cosy pubs and trendy bars with access to the M5 motorway and a mainline intercity rail link with trains to London Paddington in less than 2 hours and Bristol in 30 minutes.
- Act in an advisory and expert role, helping to manage complex cases and provide support to the Eating Disorder Service by working closely with community adult psychiatrists. You will also have the exciting opportunity to work closely with the Medical Managers and Operational Managers to further develop the service. As well as providing treatment for patients with Anorexia and Bulimia, the service is also commissioned to provide treatment for Binge Eating Disorder
- Approximately three hours of patient appointments per working day. This would equate to 15 appointments per week including new assessments, medication reviews and reviews of physical/psychological risk
- Provide assessments and give advice on the medical and psychiatric treatment of people with an eating disorder
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary team in assessment and treatment of complex cases, including risk assessment and management of patients with significant nutritional risk.
- Offer case consultation to the MDT and wider mental health services, interpreting observations, blood results and other physical risk parameters
- Liaise with a wide range of professions, disciplines, medical specialities and primary care to ensure seamless admission, transfer and discharge of patients through various parts of their care pathway
- Attend the weekly Postgraduate Medical Education Programme, Senior Staff and Audit Meetings when possible
- OPTION to join the senior out-of-hours on-call rota. Currently a 1 in 11 rota operating 5pm to 9am on weekdays; at weekends the rota is from 9am on Saturday morning to 9am on Monday morning.
- 3 years supervised training in an appropriate ST4-6 equivalent training programme
- Section 12 approval and assess patients under the MHA where required, giving suitable. If you do not have s12 status, we can support you to attain this
- PAID registration fees for the 1st year IF newly qualified
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Free parking on most sites
- Relocation package up to £7000
- NHS discounts
- Training and development
- Flexible working
your application has been submitted