Northland DHB are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join their Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service - Te Roopu Kimiora.
- Start date - Negotiable
- Whangarei, Northland DHB
- Permanent 1.0 FTE
- Participation in an on-call roster
- Base salary $161,304 - $244,560+ on-call/availability allowance
- Relocation package
- 6 weeks annual leave
- $16k CME/CPD allowance
- Reimbursement of your registration fees, practising certificate and indemnity insurance
Northland DHB provides public health services across the Northland region, from north of Wellsford to Cape Reinga serving a growing population of around 164000. Based at the Whangārei Hospital campus, our team provides a secondary care mental health service to rangatahi / young people aged 0 - 18.
As the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist you will provide outpatient care from our Whangārei based location as well as our rural clinics located in other parts of the district. You will join a Psychiatry team specific to C&A maintaining a strong working relationship with our paediatric/ child health services. You will bring an interest and/ or prior knowledge in broad-based approaches to care, including working with both government agencies (e.g. Oranga Tamariki and Education) and non-government organisations.
- Previous C&A experience in either an inpatient or community setting
- Fellowship with the RANZCP or equivalent is essential
- You must have or be eligible to apply for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a vocational and/ or locum tenens Psychiatry scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
Working with Global Medics:
By personalising the experience, we tailor positions to suit your needs and interests - whether you prefer coastal, rural, or a city lifestyle. As keen travellers ourselves, we can provide firsthand knowledge about any location in New Zealand to ensure you get the right experience for you and your family.
We work closely with each District Health Board in New Zealand, with new jobs every day. We welcome enquiries from doctors who work in all specialties and recruit RMO's and consultants for locum, fixed-term, and permanent positions across New Zealand.
- Guidance through your entire journey
- Medical Council Registration support
- Immigration and tax advice through our local contacts
- Assistance with COVID19 updates and Managed Isolation
Talk to our Psychiatry team about taking the next step in your medical career today.
+64 21 620 142
your application has been submitted