General Adult Psychiatrist - Rural based Mental Health Service
The location is your gateway to paradise. Rich in culture and heritage on the North Island of New Zealand. In just 20 minutes you can reach more than 20 different bays or beaches that are mostly unpopulated. If you are an outdoor enthusiast this might just be the role for you.
This service provides general adult community based clinical care and would be ideal for those with a strong interest in rural psychiatry and broad skills in general adult mental health. Working in partnership with the wider health; social and community sectors, you will join an innovative multidisciplinary team and contribute to an integrated model of service delivery in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Base salary (NZ$164,369- $244,560) + allowances for job size, on call and availability
- Relocation package
- 6 weeks annual leave
- $16,000 CME/CPD Allowance
- Reimbursement of your practising registration fees, college membership and indemnity insurance
- You must have or be eligible to apply for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a Vocational and/ or Special Purpose Locum Tenens Psychiatry scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- Ideally you will have obtained FRANZCP or near completion.
- Must be legally able to work in New Zealand
Working with Global Medics:
By personalising the experience, we tailor positions to suit your needs and interests - whether you prefer coastal, rural, or a city lifestyle. As keen travellers ourselves, we can provide firsthand knowledge about any location in New Zealand to ensure you get the right experience for you and your family.
We work closely with each District Health Board in New Zealand, with new jobs every day. We welcome enquiries from doctors who work in all specialities and recruit RMO's and consultants for locum, fixed-term, and permanent positions across New Zealand.
- Guidance through your entire journey
- Medical Council Registration support
- Immigration and tax advice through our local contacts
- Assistance with all COVID19 updates and Managed Isolation
Registering with Global Medics as a Psychiatrist will give you access to the widest range of opportunities across Australia and New Zealand.
Talk to our Psychiatry team about taking the next step in your medical career today.
Recruitment Consultant - Psychiatry
+64 21 620 142
your application has been submitted