Inpatient Consultant Psychiatrist
I am currently seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join a highly effective team performing vital work across their inpatient and community services.You will be joining another experienced full-time Psychiatrist in the inpatient service, with full peer support. Staffing across the wider Mental Health team includes: 7 Psychiatrists and 5 Medical Officers/Registrars.
Their well-developed psychiatric services include a community mental health team, with 24 hour acute intervention, general adult, child and adolescent, older persons and addiction medicine. Inpatient care for acute to rehabilitation is provided through an onsite 30 bed inpatient unit with IPC facilities.
Location matters...This service is located on the South Island of New Zealand, it's renowned for it's stunning natural landscapes, with diverse geography capturing everything from long golden beaches to untouched forests and rugged mountains.
- Base salary (NZ$164,369- $244,560) + allowances for job size, on call and availability
- Relocation package
- 6 weeks annual leave
- $16,000 CME/CPD Allowance
- Reimbursement of your practising registration fees, college membership and indemnity insurance
- You must have or be eligible to apply for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a Vocational and/ or Special Purpose Locum Tenens Psychiatry scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- Ideally you will have obtained FRANZCP or near completion.
- Must be legally able to work in New Zealand
Working with Global Medics:
By personalising the experience, we tailor positions to suit your needs and interests - whether you prefer coastal, rural, or a city lifestyle. As keen travellers ourselves, we can provide firsthand knowledge about any location in New Zealand to ensure you get the right experience for you and your family.
We work closely with each District Health Board in New Zealand, with new jobs every day. We welcome enquiries from doctors who work in all specialties and recruit RMO's and consultants for locum, fixed-term, and permanent positions across New Zealand.
Registering with Global Medics as a Psychiatrist will give you access to the widest range of opportunities across Australia and New Zealand.
Talk to our Psychiatry team about taking the next step in your medical career today.
Recruitment Consultant - Psychiatry
+64 21 620 142
your application has been submitted