Director of Medical Services
Global Medics is seeking a locum Director of Medical Services to Support the Bundaberg Region of Queensland.
Support is required from 8th May - 30th June.
Your key responsibilities:
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service values outlined above.
- To comply with the obligation to act and make decisions in a way that is compatible with human rights and, when making a decision, to give proper consideration to human rights as required by the Human Rights Act 2019.
- To comply with the obligation to act and make decisions in a way that is compatible with human rights and, when making a decision, to give proper consideration to human rights as required by the Human Rights Act 2019. Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service pledges outlined above.
- Key responsibilities include medical workforce engagement and alignment with organisational goals and objectives; and medical leadership in professionalism and clinical governance to support and promote a safety culture among all medical staff.
- Provide day to day consultancy in medical management at the Maryborough and Hervey Bay Hospitals
- Support the EDMS in professional issues and legislative requirements regarding medical practitioners and ensure recruitment, appointment and employment is consistent with legislation, Award provisions and Queensland Health policies and guidelines.
- Be primarily responsible for recruitment, coordination, supervision and professional management of the junior medical staff including meeting specific requirements for international medical graduates and participate in the recruitment and management of senior medical staff.
- Provide oversight of medical education programs including the Medical Education Units and the Workplace Based Assessment Program
- Manage the performance appraisal and development of subordinate staff particularly junior medical staff.
- Support the EDMS to ensure coordination, collation and analysis of quality activities including quality improvement initiatives involving medical staff. In particular provide expert advice in incident analysis and formulation of corrective recommendations.
- Provide a medical leadership role with all facility Clinical Directors to facilitate safety and quality medical services, assist optimising patient flows and management of patient complaints, investigation of clinical incidents and continually improve clinical risk management processes to strengthen the safety and quality of services in WBHHS.
- Participate as a core member of the Credentialing and Defining Scope of Clinical Practice Committee and review these applications by senior medical staff.
- Provide support and relief for the EDMS as required including chairing clinical governance investigations and meetings, Standards Committees as required
- Contribute to the strategic and operational planning of clinical services and medical workforce planning within the WBHHS
- Contribute to the achievement of organisational Key Performance Indicators as specified in the annual Service Agreement with Queensland Health including the timely completion of discharge summaries
- Provide representation on behalf of the EDMS in events, forums as required
- Provide and participate in ethical decision making in the achievement of organisational and patient care goals
- Provide leadership in the development of a shared research culture focused on the improvements and reform of systems of care, planning, delivery and integrated care
- Direct Reports:
Flights and Accommodation offered
You are required have Specialist AHPRA Registration
Why Choose Global Medics
Flights and Accommodation Provided
Dedicated Recruitment and Compliance Team who will guide you through your locum experience.
A Chance to Explore Australia
If you can help with these shifts, or any locum work within Australia please send your CV or call 0420606052 for more information.
If this opportunity isn't for you, we have other roles both long and short-term all over Australia. Alternatively, if you have any friends or colleagues who might be in the market for a locum position, Global Medics offers a Refer a Friend Reward Up to $1000
your application has been submitted