About the role:
Career Medical Officer is responsible for fulfilling the responsibilities of the role in a professional manner, promoting private health care through positive relations, interactions, and actions. To provide a high-quality clinical service to hospital patients under supervision within a multi-disciplinary team to review the general medical needs of the patients
- Ensure a detailed history and physical examination has been completed for all pre-admission clinic patients, and patients at the request of VMO or Nurse Unit Manager.
- Document findings in the medical record and communicate with VMO as appropriate.
- Prescribe drugs and treatment.
- Receive from responsible medical officer and provide responsible medical officer detailed handover of relevant patients at the commencement and end of each shift.
- Together with the rest of the clinical team initiate discharge plan on day 1 and review daily.
- Review each patient as requested by VMO, patient or nursing staff.
- Medical Emergency calls.
- Assist with arrangements, including documentation, for transfer of patients to Dubbo Base
- Liaise with General Practitioner and VMO as appropriate.
Mandatory Skill Requirements/Experience:
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience adequate to undertake the roles required of an CMO Level 2 or above position.
- Capacity to work on rotating roster and on call basis
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and prioritise workload.
- Demonstrated professional communication and interpersonal skills.
For more information please apply now.
All applications and conversations are strictly confidential.
your application has been submitted