Global Medics are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Staff Specialist Paediatricians and/or Visiting Medical Officer Specialist Paediatricians.
About this position:
The position is based in South East Regional Hospital in Bega located in the stunning Sapphire Coast region of NSW. Situated just over an hour's flight from Melbourne or Sydney, 2 ½ hours drive from Canberra, and 2 ½ hours drive from NSW ski fields, this region is a stunning coastal region famous for pristine national parks, spectacular coastline, and over 100 unspoilt beaches.
About the role:
The position includes outpatient, outreach and inpatient paediatric and neonatal acute care responsibilities. South East Regional Hospital is the receiving hospital for children requiring admission across the Coastal Network (Eurobodalla and Bega Valley). It is a Level 4 Unit with 6 inpatient beds plus 4 short stay beds and approximately 700 admissions per annum.
There is a strong focus on education within the department. This is a training site for undergraduate medical students from Australian National University and the position includes research and academic opportunities with the Australian National University Medical School.
What's on offer:
- Outdoor coastal lifestyle in an idyllic location with close access to pristine wilderness, unspoilt coastline and national parks
- A close knit, committed, enthusiastic and supportive team of paediatricians.
- Paediatric junior medical staff support (including a Paediatric Provisional Fellow)
- Interesting acute on-call paediatric & neonatal medicine to South East Regional Hospital - minimum 1 in 4 on call, usual on call 1 in 5 rota.
- Recognised specialist qualifications - Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and/or equivalent specialist recognition. Suitable applicants who are expected to be awarded their Fellowship within six months will be considered and Advanced Trainees nearing completion of their training are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience and competence in general paediatric medicine including acute care, neonatal care and outpatient general paediatrics (including learning, development and behavioural medicine).
- Demonstrated interest and skills in paediatric service development, innovative models of care, and project leadership is desirable.
- Strong skills in education, training and capacity building with demonstrated commitment and skills in teaching and education, continuing self-education, research and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated effective clinical and interpersonal communication skills including effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills and use of information technology.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time and current licence to drive in NSW.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa.
We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa.
Please apply now for more information and a detailed job description.
All applications are strictly confidential.
your application has been submitted