Position: Unaccredited Registrar - Mental Health
Contract: Permanent full time
Salary: $104,084 - $146,762 - As per NSW State award
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Sydney, NSW
Use your medical skills and knowledge to help the local community and to provide the highest level of care in an exciting opportunity working on a rotating basis throughout different NSW health districts.
Global Medics is currently arranging interviews for a Mental Health Registrar on rotation between, Northern Sydney LHD, Central Coast LHD, Western NSW LHD and Far Western New South Wales. You will be working as part of a highly professional and enthusiastic team of specialists, junior medical staff and nursing staff providing mental health services.
- Provide effective specialist psychiatric health services to patients, including patient assessment, making treatment decisions, performing procedures and maintaining adequate medical records
- Develop expertise in psychiatric practice, in a complex clinical environment with commitment to contemporary, therapeutic, ethical and cultural respectful practice
- Assess, investigate, diagnose, treat and provide ongoing management of in and out patients with mental health disorders
- Prepare and oversee accurate documentation in relation to patient care, to ensure efficient and confidential communication of patient information
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Additional holidays and leave: allocated days off (ADO), Family and Community Services leave, generous long service leave accruals and parental leave options.
- Salary packaging: pay bills through your pre-tax salary
- Meal Entertainment: salary package the cost of food and drinks.
- Novated leasing: pay the finance and running costs of a new car out of your pre-tax salary.
- Fitness Passport: access to discounted fitness facility membership for you and your family!
Whilst undertaking learning and professional development activities with the aim of progressing to become a Fellow of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. The training Network offers all mandatory training on a rotational basis. Doctors are required to rotate through terms/hospitals in the Network including rural placement to the following locations/facilities: Northern Sydney LHD, Central Coast LHD, Western NSW LHD, Far Western NSW, and includes placements to Justice Health and other health care providers e.g. private sector. Terms will be decided by the Network in line with Procedure requirements and preference requirements from trainees and locations are subject to change.
What you need to be considered:
- A primary medical degree (MBBS)
- AHPRA Registration or eligibility for AHPRA Registration via the Competent Authority Pathway
- Understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and health issues.
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity, apply now
your application has been submitted