Position: Unaccredited Trainee Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Contract: Permanent full time
Salary: $83,554 -$130,532 - As per NSW State award
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital, Sydney
Use your medical skills and knowledge to help the local community and to provide the highest level of care in an exciting opportunity working at Hornsby Ku-ring-gai hospital in Sydney's North.
Global Medics is currently arranging interviews for an Unaccredited Trainee in O&G for Hornsby hospital in the Northern Sydney health district. You will be working as part of a highly professional and enthusiastic team of specialists, junior medical staff and nursing staff providing Obstetrics & Gynaecology services.
- Provide quality obstetric and gynaecological care to women in the labour ward, antenatal clinics and relevant patients presenting to the emergency department
- Evaluate, diagnose, treat and provide consultation to female patients of all ages
- Treat female patients presenting with illnesses, injuries and disorders of the gynaecological or genitourinary system.
- Assess and manage common office and acute gynaecological conditions and emergencies, including performing gynaecological operative and non-operative procedures.
- Ensure accurate documentation in relation to patient care, whilst maintaining confidentiality and privacy, to ensure timely and efficient communication.
- Gain experience at a major metropolitan teaching hospital
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Additional holidays and leave: allocated days off (ADO), Family and Community Services leave, generous long service leave accruals and parental leave options.
- Salary packaging: pay bills through your pre-tax salary
- Meal Entertainment: salary package the cost of food and drinks.
- Novated leasing: pay the finance and running costs of a new car out of your pre-tax salary.
- Fitness Passport: access to discounted fitness facility membership for you and your family!
Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital is a major metropolitan teaching hospital where patients can access a range of services including coronary care, intensive care, orthopaedics, general medicine, surgical, obstetric, respiratory, rehabilitation, paediatric, maternity and emergency care.
The hospital also provides a wide range of outpatient services including allied health, dental and podiatry clinics, child, adolescent and family health, drug and alcohol, health promotion and rehabilitation and aged care.
Hornsby is a suburb in the Upper North Shore region of Sydney, approximately 23KM north-west of the Sydney CBD. The area is ideal for families and professionals alike with a wide range of outdoor activities such as playgrounds and parks with BBQ and picnic facilities. It has a large shopping complex with a large variety of retailers and a large mixture of restaurants, pubs and clubs and entertainment facilities such as public sports grounds and cinemas.
What you need to be considered:
- Primary Medical Degree (MBBS)
- AHPRA Registration or eligibility for AHPRA Registration via the Competent Authority Pathway
- Completion of at least 4 years' postgraduate experience working as a medical officer in the Australian Health System with demonstrated competence and 2 years' recent Obstetrics & Gynaecology experience
- Ability to perform obstetrics/gynaecology ultrasounds under supervision
- Ability to manage obstetric emergencies
How to apply:
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Fie at
your application has been submitted