Position: Career Medical Officer - Emergency Medicine
Contract: Permanent full time
Salary: $130,532 -$194,491- As per NSW state Award
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Mona Vale Hospital, Sydney
Use your medical skills and knowledge to help the local community and to provide the highest level of care in an exciting opportunity working at Mona Vale hospital in Sydney's Northern beaches.
Global Medics is arranging interviews for an Emergency Medicine CMO to join the team at Mona Vale Hospital. You will be working as part of a highly experienced, professional, and enthusiastic team of Specialists, JMO's and nursing staff providing emergency care.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the diagnosis, management and discharge for patients presenting to the Urgent Care Centre.
- Co-ordinate transfer of patients who require admission to the Northern Beaches Hospital.
- Attend afterhours clinical reviews and rapid response calls from the Aged Care Rehabilitation Unit and Beachside Rehabilitation Unit.
- Supervision and support as required to the Resident Medical Officers rostered to work afterhours weekday shifts
- Liaise with the General Manager / Director of Medical Services / JMO Manager regarding any problems which may arise
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Additional holidays and leave: allocated days off (ADO), Family and Community Services leave, generous long service leave accruals and parental leave options.
- Salary packaging: pay bills through your pre tax salary
- Meal Entertainment: salary package the cost of food and drinks.
- Novated leasing: pay the finance and running costs of a new car out of your pre-tax salary.
- Fitness Passport: access to discounted fitness facility membership for you and your family!
Mona Vale Hospital provides a 24/7 Urgent Care Centre, treating patients with minor injury and illnesses and a large community health centre are also part of the services provided, while the new 20 bed Palliative Care and Geriatric Evaluation and Management unit (GEM) provides inpatient palliative care and early assessment and treatment for people experiencing health conditions associated with aging.
Mona Vale is located 28 km's north of Sydney's CBD, in an area famously known as the Northern Beaches. Enjoy some of its amazing beaches, wildlife, national parks, beautiful walks, and parks. Mona Vale is a safe and family friendly suburb to reside in where you are spoilt for choice with cafes, restaurants, and local retail shops to explore on your day off.
- Primary Medical Degree (MBBS)
- AHPRA Registration or eligibility for AHPRA via the Competent Authority Pathway
- Minimum five years' post-graduate experience
- Previous clinical experience in Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, Orthopaedics and/or General Practice
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary treatment team
How to apply:
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Fie Bachmann at
your application has been submitted